[NatureNS] Some good news for a change

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: pce@accesswave.ca
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2018 18:10:14 -0300

--Boundary_(ID_jmdJGauf32CCsB7AlZMTrw)

The following is not directly related to nature in Nova Scotia, but
might be some day. Apologies if this is seen to be going too far beyond
the NatureNS culture.

I see in the news that the European Union is banning all neonicotinoids,
a class of insecticide shown to pose a serious danger to bees. If you
are interested in reading about this, there are lots of stories
available on the web, for example on the BBC
<http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-43910536>, The Guardian
<https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/apr/27/eu-agrees-total-ban-on-bee-harming-pesticides>,
and Science
<http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2018/04/european-union-expands-ban-three-neonicotinoid-pesticides>.
Might a ban happen in North America sometime? Might Nova Scotia see the
end of neonics?

Peter Payzant

--Boundary_(ID_jmdJGauf32CCsB7AlZMTrw)

  <head>

  </head>
    The following is not directly related to nature in Nova Scotia, but
    might be some day. Apologies if this is seen to be going too far
    beyond the NatureNS culture.<br>
    I see in the news that the European Union is banning all
    neonicotinoids, a class of insecticide shown to pose a serious
    danger to bees. If you are interested in reading about this, there
    are lots of stories available on the web, for example on the <a
      moz-do-not-send="true"
      href="http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-43910536">BBC</a>,
    <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/apr/27/eu-agrees-total-ban-on-bee-harming-pesticides">The
      Guardian</a>, and <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2018/04/european-union-expands-ban-three-neonicotinoid-pesticides">Science</a>.
    Might a ban happen in North America sometime? Might Nova Scotia see
    the end of neonics?<br>
    Peter Payzant<br>

--Boundary_(ID_jmdJGauf32CCsB7AlZMTrw)--