[NatureNS] Another bird song

From: NancyDowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2018 04:17:28 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

o:nancypdowd@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank"&gt;n
Actually I do find eBird wonderful when it comes to recordings. Once you add them a clear spectrogram is generated, a unique feature in my view. Most audio apps do not generate a good spectrogram- probably b/c bird songs and calls are not the most recorded items in the world of sound. If one has the Peterson Guide to Bird Sounds of NA, the illustrated spectrograms in taxonomic order are then a good reference. This book was reviewed by John Kearney long ago and bought and much liked by me shortly afterwards.

Nancy