[NatureNS] NSBS Spring First Arrivals 2018 Canada Warbler

From: Bev Wigney <bkwigney@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 20:46:45 -0300
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--000000000000bdc6dc056c6f72f2

I would just like to add to Nancy's note with regards to LandbirdSAR.

I have recently been discussing SAR species with Dr. Cindy Staicer and she
is hoping that there will be volunteers who will submit sightings and/or
survey some of the field sites that have been identified.  Survey period
for Canada Warbler and Olive-sided Flycatcher begin May 20th -- so consider
this to be a timely reminder.

There is information about submitting a sighting here:
http://landbirdsar.merseytobeatic.ca/report-a-sighting/

and instructions on how to conduct a survey on field sites where the 3 SAR
species have been observed, or are predicted to occur.
http://landbirdsar.merseytobeatic.ca/conduct-a-survey/

To register to participate in surveys:
http://landbirdsar.merseytobeatic.ca/sign-up-to-volunteer/

Bev Wigney
Round Hill, NS

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 7:58 PM, NancyDowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com> wrote:

> A Landbird Species at Risk in Forested Wetlands has returned to NS! The
> first Canada Warbler was seen on CSI May 16 (eBird), on time compared to
> the last four years as you can see in the SFA table below.
>
> http://nsbirdsociety.ca/library/resources/spring-first-arrivals
>
> Not many spaces left to fill on the spreadsheet. The few missing
> flycatchers should turn up soon, including the Olive-sided Flycatcher,
> another LandbirdSAR. For more information on these birds (plus the Rusty
> Blackbird) see http://landbirdsar.merseytobeatic.ca
>
> Nancy
>

> For more info

--000000000000bdc6dc056c6f72f2

AR species with Dr. Cindy Staicer and she is hoping that there will be volu=
nteers who will submit sightings and/or survey some of the field sites that=
 have been identified.=C2=A0 Survey period for Canada Warbler and Olive-sid=
ed Flycatcher begin May 20th -- so consider this to be a timely reminder. =
here:</div><div><a href=3D"http://landbirdsar.merseytobeatic.ca/report-a-si=
ghting/">http://landbirdsar.merseytobeatic.ca/report-a-sighting/</a><br></d=
 sites where the 3 SAR species have been observed, or are predicted to occu=
r. =C2=A0</div><div><a href=3D"http://landbirdsar.merseytobeatic.ca/conduct=
-a-survey/">http://landbirdsar.merseytobeatic.ca/conduct-a-survey/</a><br><=
=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 7:5=
8 PM, NancyDowd <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:nancypdowd@gmail.co=
ote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc s=
olid;padding-left:1ex">A Landbird Species at Risk in Forested Wetlands has =
returned to NS! The first Canada Warbler was seen on CSI May 16 (eBird), on=
 time compared to the last four years as you can see in the SFA table below=
.<br>
 rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://nsbirdsociety.ca/<wbr>library/=
Not many spaces left to fill on the spreadsheet. The few missing flycatcher=
s should turn up soon, including the Olive-sided Flycatcher, another Landbi=
rdSAR. For more information on these birds (plus the Rusty Blackbird) see <=
a href=3D"http://landbirdsar.merseytobeatic.ca" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
Nancy<br>
For more info<br>

--000000000000bdc6dc056c6f72f2--