[NatureNS] Acadian Flycatcher on Brier Island

From: nancy dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 14:46:15 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--Apple-Mail-69ABCA24-ED50-480F-A6A5-C7772BB79280

That is quite a sighting! Hope it sticks around for you or others to get a p=
hoto and/or recording. Is a detailed description, like yours, enough for it t=
o be confirmed or does this species require more?

Nancy

Sent from my iPad

> On May 21, 2018, at 11:57 AM, Eric Mills <E.Mills@Dal.Ca> wrote:
>=20
> A convincing Acadian Flycatcher was along the roadside of Gull Rock Road a=
bout 10am. I glimpsed it from the rear first, saw striking greenish colour f=
rom head down the back, and thought I had a Yellow-bellied. Then it turned a=
nd I could see whitish throat and light malar, white extending down mid- bre=
ast to the belly and very pale yellowish breast sides and flanks. It was a b=
ig bird, with long tail and wing extension. The bill, which was substantial,=
 had a conspicuous yellowish- orange lower mandible.=20
>=20
> At this point, before I could even raise my camera, a car, the first I had=
 seen all morning, came banging down the road and the bird took off. I could=
 not find it again, but I did locate a Least Flycatcher, which was useful fo=
r comparison.
>=20
> Eric L. Mills=20
> Lower Rose Bay
> Lunenburg Co., Nova Scotia=20
> Canada
> (on Brier Island)

--Apple-Mail-69ABCA24-ED50-480F-A6A5-C7772BB79280

 and light malar, white extending down mid- breast to the belly and very pale yellowish breast sides and flanks. It was a big bird, with long tail and wing extension. The bill, which was substantial, had a conspicuous yellowish- orange lower mandible.&nbsp;</div>
Lower&nbsp;Rose&nbsp;Bay<br>
Lunenburg&nbsp;Co.,&nbsp;Nova&nbsp;Scotia&nbsp;<br>
Canada</div>

--Apple-Mail-69ABCA24-ED50-480F-A6A5-C7772BB79280--