[NatureNS] Canada mayflower

To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
From: Doug Linzey <doug@fundymud.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 00:29:05 -0300

Maianthemum canadense (Canada Mayflower, or False Lily-of-the-Valley)
just coming into bloom today. What a wonderful time of year: the Trout
Lilies (Erythronium americanum) are still in full bloom all over the
woods, and Purple Trillium (Trillium erectum) are still mostly in bloom.
Hobble-bush (Viburnum alnifolium) are looking pretty prime, and it's
been a terrific year for Amelanchier spp. all over the Valley.

For years I have used the clip-on polarized sunglasses for driving. Last
year I discovered that the brown lenses are great for increasing
contrast and enhancing colours. They still cut way down on the glare,
but really give you that "rose-coloured glasses" experience ofthe world.
All the trees and fields and clouds and everything else (especially the
dandelions) look just fantastic at this time of year.

Cheers,
Doug Linzey
Arlington, NS