[NatureNS] Both alder?

From: NancyDowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2018 10:39:56 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

On this recording you can hear an Alder Flycatcher in the background (first two songs plus others as the recording moves) and then in the foreground another Alder? (third sound plus repeats as recording goes). Is this an Alder “pip pweer” call? That is the one that confuses me- it was in a bush near the road and the only one making this sound but I do not think it is a Willow FC although it sounds a bit that way to my ears. There were lots of Alder FCs singing in this area early this morning- too cold to catch flies so might as well be singing I guess.

https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/103450331?__hstc=60209138.654ce176d843afbf64b3825199d7a408.1396643674838.1528230288427.1528289434107.233&__hssc=60209138.5.1528289434107&__hsfp=2933905051

Opinions please.

Thanks, Nancy

Nancy