[NatureNS] Request for Truro Chimney Swift photos

From: Ally Manthorne <amanthorne@bsc-eoc.org>
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2018 14:28:34 +0000

(506) 364-5196&lt;o:p&gt;&lt;/o:p&gt;&lt;/spa
Hi Nancy,  Ross Hall and I did a roost count that evening after learning about the planned fireworks last week. One swift entered the roost at 9:25 pm and remained inside (the fireworks started at 10 pm), while the remainder likely used an alternate chimney down the street for the evening, based on earlier observations by Ross. I've contacted the planning committee to discuss how they might better incorporate their resident chimney swifts into future events. Thanks to Ross for continuing to monitor swifts around downtown Truro this season, and for joining me for the roost count.

Allison Manthorne
Maritimes Swiftwatch Coordinator
Bird Studies Canada
PO Box 6227, 17 Waterfowl Lane