[NatureNS] barn swallows

From: "John and Nhung" <nhungjohn@eastlink.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2018 21:46:16 -0300

That reminds me:  My wife and I cruised around western Queens County July 1-2.  There is a large colony of barn swallows near the former fish plant at East Port Hebert.  It has been a long time since I have seen that many in one place.

En route, we followed the coast from Shelburne to Sable River.  Got a good glimpse of a couple of loons at Sandy Point.  One was a definite common but the other,  smaller with "finer" features and an upturned bill, had to have been a red-throated.