[NatureNS] Barred Owl young sounds?

From: NancyDowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 17:00:14 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

I saw a Barred Owl adult fly into the dense trees, then some rustling. During and after this time I heard the sounds below and am wondering if these are Barred Owl nestlings or fledglings? I am referring to the plaintive, spaced calls at the low end of the frequency range in the spectrogram below. No need to listen to the whole thing as you will hear examples early on. Note my dog shaking mosquitoes off his head and a investigating BW Hawk interfere.

https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/107354761?__hstc=60209138.654ce176d843afbf64b3825199d7a408.1396643674838.1531404248793.1531509333898.297&__hssc=60209138.10.1531509333898&__hsfp=2933905051

Thanks, Nancy
E Dalhousie, Kings