[NatureNS] Fly deterrents

From: Rick Whitman <dendroica.caerulescens@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 17:01:31 -0300
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--000000000000dabd7b0571c43c5b

These dragonflies are in stock at South Mountain RV Park, South Alton, Rte
12, Kings Co. for $10. It seems well-made and I can see why it would work,
on a baseball cap in particular. But I haven't been out with it yet.

Rick W.

On 10 July 2018 at 12:09, Doug Linzey <doug@fundymud.com> wrote:

> Patricia, thanks for digging this up. It looks promising. It looks like
> fun, too, having your own pet dragonfly flying around wherever your hat
> goes.
>
> And I see that there are three retailers in Nova Scotia: in Spry Bay,
> South Alton, and Weymouth.
>
> Doug
> (Arlington, Kings Co.)
>

> On 09-Jul-18 1:34 PM, plchalmers@ns.sympatico.ca wrote:
>
>> Hi Doug,
>> Is this the product you had in mind - to be employed for the "scarecrow
>> effect" ?     https://getyourbug.com/   You can order it online.
>> It appears to be a Canadian company.  Interesting product. I was
>> surprised to see that their claim that horseflies and deerflies can
>> transmit Lyme disease.  I hadn't heard that before - does anyone know if
>> it's true?
>> Cheers,
>> Patricia L. Chalmers
>> Halifax
>>
>>> On July 8, 2018 at 10:14 PM Doug Linzey <doug@fundymud.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Does anyone know where to get the fake dragonflies that you can attach
>>> to your hat or shirt?
>>> Thanks,
>>> Doug

--000000000000dabd7b0571c43c5b

South Alton, Rte 12, Kings Co. for $10. It seems well-made and I can see wh=
y it would work, on a baseball cap in particular. But I haven&#39;t been ou=
tra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On 10 July 2018 at 12:09, Doug Linzey <=
span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:doug@fundymud.com" target=3D"_blank"=
e" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">=
Patricia, thanks for digging this up. It looks promising. It looks like fun=
, too, having your own pet dragonfly flying around wherever your hat goes.<=
br>
And I see that there are three retailers in Nova Scotia: in Spry Bay, South=
 Alton, and Weymouth.<br>
Doug<br>
(Arlington, Kings Co.)<br>
On 09-Jul-18 1:34 PM, <a href=3D"mailto:plchalmers@ns.sympatico.ca" target=
=3D"_blank">plchalmers@ns.sympatico.ca</a> wrote:<br>
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
Hi Doug,<br>
Is this the product you had in mind - to be employed for the &quot;scarecro=
w effect&quot; ?=C2=A0=C2=A0 =C2=A0 <a href=3D"https://getyourbug.com/" rel=
=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">https://getyourbug.com/</a>=C2=A0=C2=A0 Y=
ou can order it online.<br>
It appears to be a Canadian company.=C2=A0 Interesting product. I was surpr=
ised to see that their claim that horseflies and deerflies can transmit Lym=
e disease.=C2=A0 I hadn&#39;t heard that before - does anyone know if it&#3=
9;s true?<br>
Cheers,<br>
Patricia L. Chalmers<br>
Halifax<br>
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
On July 8, 2018 at 10:14 PM Doug Linzey &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:doug@fundymud=
.com" target=3D"_blank">doug@fundymud.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
Does anyone know where to get the fake dragonflies that you can attach to y=
our hat or shirt?<br>
Thanks,<br>
Doug<br>

--000000000000dabd7b0571c43c5b--