[NatureNS] =?utf-8?Q?100=E2=80=99s_Red-winged_blackbirds_?=

From: Heather & Ron <solidago123@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2018 22:31:17 -0300
To: Nature NS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

Travelling through South Maitland today near the Fundy Tidal Interpretive Centre ( Station Rd where rt 236 meets rt 215)
there were approx 500 Red-winged Blackbirds congregated amongst the cattails.
My initial count estimates worked out to approx 600 birds but with the continuous movement of the flock it was hard to be precise.

I scanned the flock for a chance Yellow- headed Blackbird but saw none.  Surprising to me was that the overwhelming majority of birds were male.

Ron Wilson.
Chamcook NB

Sent from my iPhone