[NatureNS] Change to Feedwatch weather protocol

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Don MacNeill <donmacneill@bellaliant.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2018 07:19:21 -0400

--------------32E18872A226B374AC46BF43

Yes.  They have dropped this requirement from the feeder watches because
they can get the local weather info elsewhere. They still need the local
conditions of snow on the ground.

Don

Don MacNeill donmacneill@bellaliant.net
On 11/22/2018 4:42 PM, Patrick Kelly wrote:
> Hi everyone:
>
> I just entered by first report of the year. In the past, for the
> weather they wanted:
>
> precipitation: length and type
> snow depth: average depth, and whether the snow was patchy or if it
> had an ice crust.
>
> This year, all they seem to want is just average snow depth. They do
> not even mention the other types of data in the "help" for that
> section. I have seen nothing in their e-mail about the coming season
> about this change, nor can I find any mention of it is on their web
> sites. Has anyone else noticed this?
>
> Pat
>

> Patrick Kelly
>
> 159 Town Road
>
> Falmouth NSB0P 1L0
>
> Canada
>

> (902) 472-2322

--------------32E18872A226B374AC46BF43

  <head>
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
      the feeder watches because they can get the local weather info elsewhere.
      They still need the local conditions of snow on the ground.<br>
      Don<br>
      donmacneill@bellaliant.net</div>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:0A726F60-E0CF-4A12-8725-F634DABC345F@dal.ca">
        charset=windows-1252">
      Hi everyone:
        the weather they wanted:</div>
        if it had an ice crust.</div>
        They do not even mention the other types of data in the "help"
        for that section. I have seen nothing in their e-mail about the
        coming season about this change, nor can I find any mention of
        it is on their web sites. Has anyone else noticed this?</div>
            separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica;
            font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight:
            normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal;
            orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px;
            text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2;
            word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px;
            -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px;
            -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;
            -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width:
            0px; font-size: medium; "><span class="Apple-style-span"
              style="border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
              font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style:
              normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal;
              letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2;
              text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space:
              normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px;
              -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px;
              -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px;
              -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;
              -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width:
              0px; ">
                space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; ">
                  separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica;
                  font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant:
                  normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal;
                  line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-indent: 0px;
                  text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2;
                  word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing:
                  0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px;
                  -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;
                  -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;
                  -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; ">
                    space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; ">
                      style="border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0,
                      0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px;
                      font-style: normal; font-variant: normal;
                      font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal;
                      line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-indent: 0px;
                      text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows:
                      2; word-spacing: 0px;
                      -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px;
                      -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px;
                      -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;
                      -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;
                      -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; ">
                        margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">
                          12px/normal Courier; " size="3" face="Courier"><br
                            class="Apple-interchange-newline">
                          Patrick Kelly</font></p>