[NatureNS] Make Brown-Headed Cowbird Lower Sackville

From: Bellaliant <dghughes@bellaliant.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 11:33:25 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

We had a male cowbird in our yard. It was sitting in a bush close to a Starling. Before I saw it through binoculars, I was thinking Red-winged Blackbird because of the size and the black body. Binoculars let me see the dark brown head.

Sorry, but no picture. I am an old fashioned birder who goes for his binoculars first.

I’ll see if I can relocate him later to get a photo.

By the way, the new Sibley‘s app is great for comparisons of similar birds.

David

Lower Sackville

Sent from my iPhone