[NatureNS] Meadow Vole

From: NancyDowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2018 18:30:19 -0400
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

I was not expecting to see this Meadow Vole at 3:30pm today (-9C) feeding among the Mourning Doves and Starlings. Almost as if it had its eyes turned off (maybe it did?) the way it moved as if the birds were not there at all. ID based on the hidden ears and short tail but correct me if I am wrong.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/150605880@N07/45808825354/in/dateposted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/150605880@N07/45619083255/in/dateposted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/150605880@N07/45619074015/in/dateposted-public/

Now I know where all the trails left in the slushy snow of the past days came from. I expect the resident Barred Owls are making use of the feeder at night as well since there is never just one vole.

Nancy D
E Dalhousie, Kings Co.