[NatureNS] Thrush (Hermit?) Grahams Grove

From: GayleMacLean <duartess@EastLink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2019 14:27:28 -0400

--Boundary_(ID_2XBlmlWT2b5yXXbpPNGStA)

 Hi All,

Know there has/had been a Thrush (Hermit?), present at Birch Cove, here in Dartmouth.
Today, while enjoying this gorgeous sunny day & taking my Springer, 'JJJones' for a walk, around the Grahams Grove boardwalk, I saw a brownish bird (not sparrow shaped) with a light coloured breast flutter across the walkway, settling in a tree close to the walkway. I watched it for a moment or so, it flicked/raised its tail in a very obvious way.
I continued on my way, as it flew off up into the woods, but on my way back, about 1/2 hour later, there it was again! Close to the walkway. Tried to get a pic of it with my phone, but nothing turned out well.
Anyway, the area is about 3/4s of a way along, at a turn and behind the apartments.
Made my day, regardless!!

Cheers!

Gayle MacLean
Dartmouth

--Boundary_(ID_2XBlmlWT2b5yXXbpPNGStA)

<DIV>&nbsp;Hi All, </DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Know there has/had been a Thrush (Hermit?), present at Birch Cove, here in Dartmouth. </DIV><DIV>Today, while enjoying this gorgeous sunny day &amp; taking my Springer, 'JJJones' for a walk, around the Grahams Grove boardwalk, I saw a brownish bird (not sparrow shaped)&nbsp;with a light coloured breast flutter across the walkway, settling in a tree close to the walkway. I watched it for a moment or so, it flicked/raised its tail in a very obvious way. </DIV><DIV>I continued on my way, as it flew off up into the woods,&nbsp;but on my way back, about 1/2 hour later, there it was again! Close to the walkway.&nbsp;Tried to get a pic of it with my phone, but nothing turned out well.</DIV><DIV>Anyway, the area is about 3/4s of a way along, at a turn and behind the apartments.</DIV><DIV>Made my day, regardless!!</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Cheers!</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Gayle MacLean</DIV><DIV>Dartmouth</DIV>

--Boundary_(ID_2XBlmlWT2b5yXXbpPNGStA)--