[NatureNS] White Point birds

From: "Marg Millard" <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: "naturens" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 17:09:35 -0400

I wouldn't call it busy here at the feeders or about the property but steady
though. The food certainly is being consumed daily.
We have the usuals:
Sparrows: Song, White-Throateds, and a very busy American Tree, yesterday a
Chipping Sparrow.
Juncos: we've had them come a few at a time but the past day or so we have
them coming is pretty large numbers (for us 60 or more is a large number)
American Goldfinches: in the 60 plus range at times.
Chickadees:
Nuthatches: Sunday Morning the Maple tree hosted a White Breasted Nuthatch
convention! They were very busy interacting.
                      Red breasted , there is one visiting from time to time
Blue Jays; 30 or more at times.
Starlings:
Woodpeckers: Hairy and Downy, male and female
Purple Finch:
Crows: 5 - 7 regular big Crows
Robin
Brown Creeper.

I saw what I am  pretty sure was a Woodcock lift off in the distance from
the field behind the barn down the road from us for those of you who know
where we are located.
I posted on Facebook, NS Birds Society, a photo of a Sharp shinned Hawk that
has been hunting here abouts. I hope it has better luck elsewhere. It must
be hungry.

Sunday we went driving back up through Pleasant River and New Elm looking
out for barns to paint and saw some amazing engineering and damage by a
Beaver who was sitting atop a rock overlooking a vast lake. It didn't stay
put long enough for me to get a photo though.
We have 5 Deer moving through the neighbourhood. Spring will come. Marg

White Point Artist, Marg Millard
19 White Point 2 Rd., White Point, Queens Co.,
R.R. # 1 Hunts Point, Nova Scotia
B0T 1G0 Canada (902) 683-2393
LocalArtistMargMillard.ca
By Appointment, please