Re[2]: [NatureNS] Big Bang ?

Received-SPF: pass (kirk.authcom.com: authenticated connection) receiver=kirk.authcom.com; client-ip=45.2.192.180; helo=[192.168.0.101]; envelope-from=dwebster@glinx.com; x-software=spfmilter 2.001 http://www.acme.com/software/spfmilter/ with libspf2-1.2.10;
From: David <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2019 16:50:03 +0000

&
Hi Again Burkhard & All,
     With regard to distant objects appearing to move away from us at
speeds greater than light this is also mentioned tangentially in the
Wikipedia Big Bang as follows; "Since the universe has a finite age, and
light travels at a finite speed there may be events in the past whose
light has not had time to reach us." If everything expanded from this
Dragon's egg and the light from one speck  of this egg has not had time
to reach us then it would seem that it has been moving away from us at a
speed greater than c.
     Or approaching this from a slightly different direction, one way to
account for the condition, whereby in an expanding universe the light of
some past event has not yet reached us, is to conclude that such sources
have moved away from us at speeds greater than light. The light from
this hypothetical source has had more than 10^9 years to get here so it
must have taken the scenic route and paused often to watch sunsets.
     I could bore you to tears with first hand accounts of how even in
very simple systems, and in the absence of independent quality control
checks, one can be greatly in error. So in Astronomy/Astrophysics I
suspect there is close to an infinity of opportunities for taking wrong
turns.  An interesting subject whatever the truth may be.
YT, DW, Kentville