Re[2]: [NatureNS] Big Bang?

Received-SPF: pass (kirk.authcom.com: authenticated connection) receiver=kirk.authcom.com; client-ip=45.2.192.180; helo=[192.168.0.101]; envelope-from=dwebster@glinx.com; x-software=spfmilter 2.001 http://www.acme.com/software/spfmilter/ with libspf2-1.2.10;
From: David <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 14:22:37 +0000

Hi Burkhard, Lois, Don & All,
     The more I hear about the big bang, which seems to be heavy on
speculation and light on certainty, the more I am inclined to turn to
the present and try to understand it.
     One puzzle to which I have found no clear answer is a statement in a
text on Electricity and Magnetism (G.R. Noakes,1950);  (page 322) that
ratios of such measurements as capacity in electromagnetic units and
capacity in electrostatic units is "...the simplest direct way of
determining c, the speed of light. It would be inconvenient to do so but
this suggests that the speed of light (in air ?) could be measured in
the dark.
     Does this imply that c is determined by the interaction of
electrostatic and electromagnetic forces (possible because light waves
involve both) or is this just a coincidence of ratios between two
independently developed systems of measurement ?
YT, DW, Kentville