[NatureNS] White Point Birds March 29, 2019

From: "Marg Millard" <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: "naturens" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 12:55:58 -0300

Another lovely day in White Point, Queens. The large numbers of birds are
dropping as some move of but the species are increasing in numbers now
slowly.

Today we have Sparrows: Song, White Throateds, and Fox. The American Tree
Sparrows that sang so beautifully from the top of the apple tree seem to
have moved on. Chickadees, Juncos, some very dark ones and American
Goldfinches still make up the majority of visitors. With the Goldfinches are
two Pine Siskins. Aside from that we have Blue Jays,Robins, Starlings, a
Grackle, Nuthatches, both White and Red breasted, Woodpeckers, both Hairy
and Downey and a Northern Flicker.
Red-winged Blackbirds are coming back in; we have 3 males today two are
advertising over in the swamp, the other from the top of the pine across
from our doorstep. For now it is music. Soon not so much...
There has been a Tree Swallow checking out the yard this am. The houses need
post winter attention. No sign of Purple Finches or Rose breasted Grosbeaks
yet. This is late for them.
I'll dig out and clean up one of my hummingbird feeders and get it out this
weekend. Some birds can arrive sooner than most expect.

The grapevine and feeding stations will be under renovations this summer. I
am curious about how that will affect the birds who visit.  Best regards,
Marg

White Point Artist, Marg Millard
19 White Point 2 Rd., White Point, Queens Co.,
R.R. # 1 Hunts Point, Nova Scotia
B0T 1G0 Canada (902) 683-2393
MargMillard.ca
By Appointment, please