[NatureNS] Red-bellied woodpecker, Hfx

From: Stephen Shaw <srshaw@Dal.Ca>
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2019 05:17:38 +0000

Thanks Nancy.  Yes, red-bellied WP.
In that case it might be interesting to know if any juveniles have been seen around Halifax, which would indicate that numbers are such that at least one pair has managed to breed locally.  Juveniles should be easy to ID as they (usually) lack any red on the head, according to my Smithsonian Field Guide.
Steve (Hfx)