[NatureNS] Big bang, scattering and red shift

From: Burkhard Plache <burkhardplache@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2019 12:13:34 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Dave,
your last question makes the correct observation that of all the light
emitted by a distant object, the shorter wavelength light will be
preferentially scattered away, leaving more of the original red light
than blue light arriving at our doorsteps.  Your implied, though not
stated, assumption seems to be that redshift is measured by 'relative
amounts of light' or 'the light looking more red'. - However, redshift
is measured by looking at spectral lines, which are not modified by
Rayleigh scattering. - Could you clearly state what your argument is?
Thanks,
Burkhard