[NatureNS] Broad Wing Hawk at QE11

From: NancyDowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2019 15:18:09 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

And sure enough I heard my first BW Hawk today at a location where a pair nested last year. Here is its piercing call if you are not familiar with it. Recording begins with crackling leaves courtesy of my dog: https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/155155541

Heard my first Winter Wrens at the same location. Four birds, all singing. I find this to be a short version of their normal rambling tune. All birds were using the same abbreviated song. Perhaps just breaking in upon arrival.
https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/155160841

Nancy D
E Dalhousie, Kings