[NatureNS] Cardinals Nesting In Backyard

From: "GayleMacLean" <duartess@EastLink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2019 14:02:20 -0300

--Boundary_(ID_0K6N2dnd1qSD15qYnUFPIQ)

Hi All,

Living where I do here in Dartmouth, over the years, I have had the pleasure of seeing some wonderful bird species in my backyard. One bird species that we see year round and have, for quite a number of years, are Northern Cardinals. They have nested successfully for a number of years too.
I do find them somewhat flighty and I find that they don't photograph too easily unless you zoom them in.
I am therefore, very surprised to see that a pair have built a nest right beside the dog yard, in my Holly bush. The nest is at eye level and easily seen by me if I'm in the backyard. And very close to the house and my back deck.
I hope that they will continue to chose the nest and raise their brood. I'm just going to go about my business, not bother them or take pictures or peer into the foliage. They don't seem bothered by the Springer Spaniels, running up and down the back steps from the deck to the dog yard.
Will keep you all posted!

Enjoying the Spring and the sights from 'Command Central'.

Gayle MacLean
Dartmouth

<signaturebeforequotedtext></signaturebeforequotedtext><signatureafterquotedtext></signatureafterquotedtext>

--Boundary_(ID_0K6N2dnd1qSD15qYnUFPIQ)

=3Cp=3EHi All=2C=3C/p=3E=3Cp=3E=3C/p=3E=3Cp=3ELiving where I do here in =
Dartmouth=2C over the years=2C I have had the pleasure of seeing some wo=
nderful bird species in my backyard=2E One bird species that we see year=
 round and have=2C for quite a number of years=2C are Northern Cardinals=
=2E They have nested successfully for a number of years too=2E =3C/p=3E=3C=
p=3EI do find them somewhat flighty and I find that they don=27t photogr=
aph too easily unless you zoom them in=2E =3C/p=3E=3Cp=3EI am therefore=2C=
 very surprised to see that a pair have built a nest right beside the do=
g yard=2C in my Holly bush=2E The nest is at eye level and easily seen b=
y me if I=27m in the backyard=2E And very close to the house and my back=
 deck=2E =3C/p=3E=3Cp=3EI hope that they will continue to chose the nest=
 and raise their brood=2E I=27m just going to go about my business=2C no=
t bother them or take pictures or peer into the foliage=2E They don=27t =
seem bothered by the Springer Spaniels=2C running up and down the back s=
teps from the deck to the dog yard=2E =3C/p=3E=3Cp=3EWill keep you all p=
osted!=3C/p=3E=3Cp=3E=3C/p=3E=3Cp=3EEnjoying the Spring and the sights f=
rom =27Command Central=27=2E=3C/p=3E=3Cp=3E=3C/p=3E=3Cp=3EGayle MacLean=3C=
/p=3E=3Cp=3EDartmouth=3C/p=3E=3Cdiv =3E=3Cbr /=3E=3C/div=3E

--Boundary_(ID_0K6N2dnd1qSD15qYnUFPIQ)--