[NatureNS] Blue-headed Vireo -

From: "Judy Tufts" <tandove@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "NatureNS" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2019 13:58:48 -0300

Heard a Blue-headed Vireo singing in our Wolfville Ridge garden this
morning, a most welcome spring sound - hopefully the start of migratory
arrivals in our woods. An encouraging omen after rather a sparse
bird-counting effort on Sat, although our group did find at least 3 Eastern
Phoebes, and heard the joyful fluting notes of a Hermit  Thrush around the
White Rock bridge.

Bernard Forsythe living less than a km from us, heard a Blue-headed Vireo in
his yard yesterday ( Sun).

A friend of mine who lives in Woodman Grove, Wolfville, reported 18 Evening
Grosbeaks on Saturday, says she has been seeing them on and off for some
time in that area, where there are some bird feeders attracting them.

Cheers,

Judy Tufts

  Judy Tufts

   Wolfville