[NatureNS] Does anyone know why a broad swath has been cleared on both sides of highway 101?

From: David Hughes <dghughes@bellaliant.net>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 17:15:18 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Both sides of the road have been cut back. I can’t think of any reasonable explanation because most of it does nothing to enhance safety or drainage. Even the trees along the tops of some rocky cliffs have been cleared. I expect the cleared strips would have been prime nesting areas for birds.

Perhaps I am missing something, but I can’t think of any sensible explanation.

David

Sent from my iPad