[NatureNS] more warblers arrivals here

From: "Judy Tufts" <tandove@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "NatureNS" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2019 20:45:25 -0300

Interesting to read John Kearney's report because new arrivals are arriving
on our Ridge Rd property in the last few days. Last night I was delighted to
hear a Veery Thrush singing. This morning an Eastern Wood-Pewee was calling,
this being one of the latest arrivals I have recorded, same arrival date as
in 2017.

More Chestnut-sided, Black-throated Green, Redstarts, Yellow, and Magnolia
warblers have come through, and this afternoon I am seeing but not able to
identify, quite a few warblers working through the tops of our wet, mature
hardwoods. It amazes me that here we are now into the month of June and many
of our trees are just now leafing out so at least these birds can be seen
moving around! Our backyard Service Berry/Indian Pear tree has only just
come into bloom.  The floor of the Valley seems to be ahead of us by nearly
a week but sadly orchard blooms were rather scarce for our Apple Blossom
Weekend.

Cheers,

Judy Tufts

  Judy Tufts