[NatureNS] Advice on moving Robin's nest

From: Jacquie Dale <jacquie.dale@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2019 08:18:23 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--00000000000025390c058a91c25b

We were surprised to discover that a Robin has made a nest on the front
tire of our van, parked in front of our house. We haven't driven the van in
a week so that robin couple has been busy! There are already two lovely
little eggs in the nest. We pass by the van frequently and every time we
do, the robin is disturbed and flies off the nest. It is close to our barn
and some bushes that would seem to be a more suitable location. Any
suggestions on moving the nest to a safer place or will they just abandon
it?

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019, 12:51 AM James Hirtle, <jrhbirder@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I had a ruddy turnstone today at Cherry Hill Beach.  There were three
> other smaller shorebirds that I believe were dunlin.  Also three
> black-bellied plovers with the willet and two greater yellowlegs.
>
> I heard my first alder flycatcher calling in Dublin Shore today for the
> year.
>
> James R. Hirtle
> LaHave

--00000000000025390c058a91c25b

t on the front tire of our van, parked in front of our house. We haven&#39;=
t driven the van in a week so that robin couple has been busy! There are al=
ready two lovely little eggs in the nest. We pass by the van frequently and=
 every time we do, the robin is disturbed and flies off the nest. It is clo=
se to our barn and some bushes that would seem to be a more suitable locati=
on. Any suggestions on moving the nest to a safer place or will they just a=
iv class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Wed, Jun =
5, 2019, 12:51 AM James Hirtle, &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:jrhbirder@hotmail.com=
quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1=
ex">

:rgb(0,0,0)">
I had a ruddy turnstone today at Cherry Hill Beach.=C2=A0 There were three =
other smaller shorebirds that I believe were dunlin.=C2=A0 Also three black=
-bellied plovers with the willet and two greater yellowlegs.=C2=A0=C2=A0</d=
iv>
:rgb(0,0,0)">
:rgb(0,0,0)">
I heard my first alder flycatcher calling in Dublin Shore today for the yea=
r.=C2=A0=C2=A0</div>
:rgb(0,0,0)">
:rgb(0,0,0)">
James R. Hirtle</div>