[NatureNS] Sackville Lakes Provincial Park bird species list

From: David Hughes <dghughes@bellaliant.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 20:29:15 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

I am planning to produce a list of bird species that have been seen or heard in Sackville Lakes Provincial Park. This is for the volunteer Second Lake Trails Association group who actually build and maintain the trails in the park. I have a fairly extensive list based on eBird records plus a few additional birds of my own. It is missing several species that I have observed in my yard that is quite close to the park, but I really want park sightings. A few examples of things that are missing from the park list are Evening Grosbeak, Pine Grosbeak, Bohemian Waxwing, Common Redpoll and Merlin.

Please let me know if you have additional species. Older observations dating to before park status are good as well.

I have already added Northern Goshawk, Barred Owl and American Coot to what I have from eBird.

David

Sent from my iPad