[NatureNS] the stat that woke me up

From: N Robinson <nrobbyn@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 14:00:40 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

tion.&lt;/div&gt;&lt;div
--000000000000105259058b87e860

Hello again,

Good point about "poison".

To add more to this thread, the study quoted used only cigarettes with
filters.  According to the Wikipedia article on cigarette filters, they
have many poisonous substances in them including glues and plastics (in
fact TerraCycle recycles the plastic recovered from them).  The filter was
simply a marketing tool; even the way it changes colour to make one believe
the toxins were filtered out is just marketing.

TerraCycle is the Toronto-based company that makes the "high end
fertilizer" out of the butts - after screening out all the toxins, they
say.  The company is worth a second look in my opinion.

Nancy

--
Nancy Robinson
514-605-7186

--000000000000105259058b87e860

s thread, the study quoted used only cigarettes with filters.=C2=A0 Accordi=
ng to the Wikiped