[NatureNS] Bird Habitats

From: Bev Wigney <bkwigney@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 08:13:30 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sa
On 6/18/19, John and Nhung <nhungjohn@eastlink.ca> wrote:
> Makes me think of a conversation I had with a coupla guys about ten days
> ago.

John -- Your anecdote brings to mind a "private message" received a
few days ago on facebook -- sent to me by someone connected with the
forest industry who was browbeating me about how the naturalists and
environmentalist don't know anything about wildlife and are an
embarrassment to Nova Scotians.  This person said we shouldn't be
making such a fuss about birds because they are only here for a few
weeks and then they fly away and are gone.  I sincerely doubt that
this "expert on wildlife" even has a clue about *why* the birds are in
Nova Scotia in summer.  Doubtless, they think they reproduce elsewhere
in the world and are just here for their summer vacation.

bev