[NatureNS] Monarchs plus

From: "Marg Millard" <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: "naturens" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2019 12:30:48 -0300

goodness what a lovely day it is. Blackflies were horrific today earlier
when I tried to weed whack.  About an hour ago now, I was checking out a
Thrush, to see what make it was, when a Monarch moved through quite Quickly.
It came close to the Hummingbird feeder by the studio window and paused
there for s second. A female. Off it went quickly westward. I rushed out to
check the Milkweeds out back. Bothe The swamp and the common are getting
ready to bloom very soon. I had picked the growing tips out of over half to
see if the plants would bush but mostly they ignored that. I will keep at
it.
I have a number of Vireos about, not sure which some warblers and a few fly
catcher types that I haven't had time to check out. Once things settle down
and I get outside more, hopefully they will still be about.
Lots of Tiger Swallowtails about.
Best regards, Marg Millard.

White Point Artist, Marg Millard
19 White Point 2 Rd., White Point, Queens Co.,
R.R. # 1 Hunts Point, Nova Scotia
B0T 1G0 Canada (902) 683-2393
MargMillard.ca By Appointment, please

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tunes without the words
And never stops–at all." (Emily Dickinson)