Fwd: [NatureNS] Sagina decumbens

Received-SPF: pass (kirk.authcom.com: authenticated connection) receiver=kirk.authcom.com; client-ip=45.2.193.48; helo=[192.168.0.102]; envelope-from=dwebster@glinx.com; x-software=spfmilter 2.001 http://www.acme.com/software/spfmilter/ with libspf2-1.2.10;
To: Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
From: David Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 14:45:05 -0300

--------------A34B88698F903BDAAE2DF71C

Hi All,

     Further to my question of July 16, it agrees well with the four
merous variant of Sagina decumbens (petals are thick wavy stubs) and a
voucher is being  deposited at the Acadia herbarium. So far as I know
not previously collected in NS.

     The previous owner frequently visited the Cap Cod area before 2000
so it was likely brought here by accident or intent.

     Except when in bloom it is almost invisible and even when in bloom
it helps to be on hands and knees. There are four patches scattered
along a strip of lawn north of a hedge of trees.

     I understand it has been seen frequently in NB but does no persist.
Do not know further details. Seed dispersal by lawn care contractor
might be the mechanism for getting around.

Yt, DW, Kenrville

     Does anyone know the current status of Sagina decumbens  in NS ? I
noticed a small patch in a lawn yesterday which may be this plant.

Dave Webster, Kentville

--------------A34B88698F903BDAAE2DF71C

  <head>

  </head>
      four merous variant of Sagina decumbens (petals are thick wavy
      stubs) and a voucher is being  deposited at the Acadia herbarium.
      So far as I know not previously collected in NS.<br>
      2000 so it was likely brought here by accident or intent. <br>
      bloom it helps to be on hands and knees. There are four patches
      scattered along a strip of lawn north of a hedge of trees.</p>
      persist. Do not know further details. Seed dispersal by lawn care
      contractor might be the mechanism for getting around.   <br>