[NatureNS] A few butterflies, finally

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Peter Payzant <peter@payzant.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2019 13:07:49 -0300

We've been keeping an eye on our neighbours' Coneflower and Buddleia
every day, hoping for butterflies. Weeks have gone by with none.

Today we were narrowly avoided by a Painted Lady in a hurry, and we spun
around to watch it. It landed on the Buddleia and, now that we were
looking closely, we saw a total of four Painted Ladies feeding on the
blossoms. They (the butterflies) seemed very fresh - bright colours and
no wing damage - so presumably recently emerged.

Good luck to them in tomorrow's storm.

--- Peter Payzant, Waverley