[NatureNS] Marbled Godwits, Bl. Skimmers, Laughing Gulls

To: Nature NS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,
From: Lois Codling <loiscodling@hfx.eastlink.ca>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 15:34:10 -0300

As we were watching Bl. Skimmers and Laughing Gulls at MacCormack's
Beach this a.m., 3 Marbled Godwits flew in and landed on the beach. Saw
the pinkish underwings as they came in for a landing, then long bills
and legs.  They were still there when we left just before 10 a.m.

At Rainbow Haven we walked in to the back marshes as far as we could
go.  There were many Bl. Skimmers to be seen resting farther over the
other side of the marsh - we counted about 75.

Pics will be posted on eBird soon!

Lois Codling