[NatureNS] hummer on Wolfville Ridge

From: "Judy Tufts" <tandove@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "NatureNS" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2019 13:50:41 -0300

Our little imm. hummer is still around, she's getting picky about which
feeder she wants to use. I tried to change her favourite feeder that
survived the hurricane for a fresh replacement as it looked as if it needed
changing but she would have none of it.  She tried each flower 'hole' of the
new one, they were none to her liking and she flew off. However once I
brought the old one back she was right there again sipping!

Very few flowers still in bloom since Dorian passed through, although a few
cardinal flowers managed to survive.  Occasionally a second hummer (vagrant)
appears but usually it's driven off by our resident. A friend in Kentville
still has a hummingbird coming to her feeder.

Our power came back on yesterday Tues around 4:15 pm . Thank heavens for
generators.

Cheers,

Judy Tufts

  Judy Tufts