[NatureNS] hummers in Freeport

To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
From: Andy Moir/Christine Callaghan <slickdog1@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2019 21:00:33 -0300

Hummingbirds still around the feeders today.  Chris checked on her
calendar, and tells me this is later than any other record she has.
As an aside, we still have barn swallows in one of our outbuildings.
They had two broods this year, and the young from the second brood at in
and out of the building frequently now.  As nice as it is to see watch
all of the activity, I'm looking forward to their being on their way so
that I can work in my shop without being dive bombed by the concerned
parents...and also close the door to the shop, which has been left open
all summer to give them easy access to the building.  Earlier in the
summer I drilled a 4" hole over the door, and then left the door closed,
but they would not use the hole.  So rather than jeopardize breeding, I
just left the door open.
Andy

---