[NatureNS] Odd call

From: NancyDowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 19:06:02 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

Another strange sound someone might recognize. This bird has been torturing me for the last month in an area of remote mixed woods of E Dalhousie, Kings. I have heard it only 4-5 times in the same area with the greatest distance being 2km apart. Never see it. It calls a few times then it stops. I was lucky enough to catch the end call on my iPhone today before silence. A strange call with an odd ringing shrillness that seems to slow and peter out at the end with a descending whistle. Any thoughts? Amplified only. Not necessarily a passerine but that was a convenient place to put it for now.
https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/183416991

Thanks, Nancy D