[NatureNS] Hate Changes To E-Bird

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2019 07:38:07 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--00000000000078e0710595cddd0c

I actually like the changes to eBird, and once I got used to them, also the
new way the Android app on my phone works. There is a great eBird
discussion group on Facebook, with all kinds of ideas and input, questions
answered etc.

Richard Stern
sent from my Android device

On Sat., Oct. 26, 2019, 4:12 a.m. NancyDowd, <nancypdowd@gmail.com> wrote:

> Agree. It is definitely much more awkward and slow to load photos and
> audios as it takes multiple steps instead of just one. I suspect it has
> something to do with the efficiency of processing by the ever-growing
> database (or some other background big data crunching) that we end users do
> not quite understand. Maybe someone has more info on the whys for this
> recent change?
>
> Nancy D
>
> > On Oct 26, 2019, at 12:48 AM, James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > I guess I'm behind on E-bird entries by three months.  I do not like the
> changes that were made since I last logged in.  The process for attaching
> pictures especially.  I found it convenient to be able to attach pictures
> as I entered my data.  It was fast and efficient.  Now you have to complete
> data entry and then go and put your pictures in place.  Loading of the
> pictures is far slower and clarity of the photo is lacking in comparison to
> what we had before. The system has been made bulky and awkward.
> >
> > James R. Hirtle
> > LaHave

--00000000000078e0710595cddd0c

 to them, also the new way the Android app on my phone works. There is a gr=
eat eBird discussion group on Facebook, with all kinds of ideas and input, =
_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sat., Oct. 26, 2019, 4:12 =
a.m. NancyDowd, &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:nancypdowd@gmail.com">nancypdowd@gmai=
rgin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Agree. It is d=
efinitely much more awkward and slow to load photos and audios as it takes =
multiple steps instead of just one. I suspect it has something to do with t=
he efficiency of processing by the ever-growing database (or some other bac=
kground big data crunching) that we end users do not quite understand. Mayb=
e someone has more info on the whys for this recent change?<br>
Nancy D<br>
&gt; On Oct 26, 2019, at 12:48 AM, James Hirtle &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:jrhbi=
rder@hotmail.com" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">jrhbirder@hotmail.co=
m</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; I guess I&#39;m behind on E-bird entries by three months.=C2=A0 I do n=
ot like the changes that were made since I last logged in.=C2=A0 The proces=
s for attaching pictures especially.=C2=A0 I found it convenient to be able=
 to attach pictures as I entered my data.=C2=A0 It was fast and efficient.=
=C2=A0 Now you have to complete data entry and then go and put your picture=
s in place.=C2=A0 Loading of the pictures is far slower and clarity of the =
photo is lacking in comparison to what we had before. The system has been m=
ade bulky and awkward.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; James R. Hirtle<br>
&gt; LaHave <br>