[NatureNS] Am Woodcock

From: "John Kearney" <j.f.kearney@gmail.com>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 17:01:15 -0300

Hi Judy and all,
These sound like migrating American Woodcocks. I get small numbers regularly
at my nocturnal recording station in late October and early November. One
can hear them descending from the sky just before dawn. Being the secretive
birds that they are, especially at this time of year, your son is fortunate
to see them.
John