[NatureNS] Gray Catbird, Eastern Phoebe and orange-crowned warbler

ARC-Seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none;
ARC-Message-Signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com;
ARC-Authentication-Results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=none; dmarc=none;
From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 21:03:09 +0000

--_000_YQXPR01MB31577AADAD211F2AC8BF7343B54B0YQXPR01MB3157CANP_

Hi all:

I made a run through Milton, some of Liverpool and into Brooklyn and back a=
long the shore today.  Dorothy Poole and Sylvia Fullerton joined me.  We fo=
und a gray catbird on School Road in Milton.  In was in the foilage behind =
where the old school used to be.  No longer a school, but to be a housing u=
nit.

The eastern phoebe was in Brooklyn.  I first spotted it by the park on the =
waterfront.  It was in a low multiflora bush by the rocks of the shoreline =
and flew to the top of a nearby bush perching at the highest point.  Rather=
 than taking a photo right away, I tried to get Dorothy and Sylvia on the b=
ird.  I have a habit of trying to get those people with me to see a bird fi=
rst before I go for the photo.  Dorothy was successful in seeing it and jus=
t as I was about to click the photo a loud vehicle came along and scared th=
e phoebe.  I had thought that the bird was comfortable in it's perch and th=
at I would have sufficent time for the photo and did not anticipate that a =
car would scare it.  Oddly when the phoebe flew down.  It looked like it ju=
st dropped to the rocks below the bush.  When I walked around to view the s=
horeline, I was expecting to find it in the open for a good photograph.  It=
 could not be relocated and I have no idea of which direction it went.

The orange-crowned warbler was a dull one.  It also was in Brooklyn.  The l=
ocation was by the wharf just before where you turn down Wharf Road.

James R. Hirtle
LaHave

--_000_YQXPR01MB31577AADAD211F2AC8BF7343B54B0YQXPR01MB3157CANP_

<head>
1">
ttom:0;} </style>
</head>
f; font-size: 24pt;">
f; font-size: 24pt;">
f; font-size: 24pt;">
back along the shore today.&nbsp; Dorothy Poole and Sylvia Fullerton joined=
 me.&nbsp; We found a gray catbird on School Road in Milton.&nbsp; In was i=
n the foilage behind where the old school used
 to be.&nbsp; No longer a school, but to be a housing unit. &nbsp;</span></=
div>
f; font-size: 24pt;">
f; font-size: 24pt;">
ark on the waterfront.&nbsp; It was in a low multiflora bush by the rocks o=
f the shoreline and flew to the top of a nearby bush perching at the highes=
t point.&nbsp; Rather than taking a photo right
 away, I tried to get Dorothy and Sylvia on the bird.&nbsp; I have a habit =
of trying to get those people with me to see a bird first before I go for t=
he photo.&nbsp; Dorothy was successful in seeing it and just as I was about=
 to click the photo a loud vehicle came along
 and scared the phoebe.&nbsp; I had thought that the bird was comfortable i=
n it's perch and that I would have sufficent time for the photo and did not=
 anticipate that a car would scare it.&nbsp; Oddly when the phoebe flew dow=
n.&nbsp; It looked like it just dropped to the
 rocks below the bush.&nbsp; When I walked around to view the shoreline, I =
was expecting to find it in the open for a good photograph.&nbsp; It could =
not be relocated and I have no idea of which direction it went.&nbsp;</span=
f; font-size: 24pt;">
f; font-size: 24pt;">
lyn.&nbsp; The location was by the wharf just before where you turn down Wh=
arf Road. &nbsp;</span></div>
f; font-size: 24pt;">
f; font-size: 24pt;">
f; font-size: 24pt;">

--_000_YQXPR01MB31577AADAD211F2AC8BF7343B54B0YQXPR01MB3157CANP_--