[NatureNS] Christmas Bird Count 2019

From: "Marg Millard" <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: "naturens" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2019 16:34:37 -0400

Our bird numbers and varieties are way, way down this year, I think. We
waited until things cooled down to put feeders out and just a mixed seed on
a mesh feeder as well as a small sunflower tower. Seed cake went out Friday.
On Monday we hhosted Goldfinches, Juncos, Woodpeckers, Hairy and Downy, Blue
Jays Chickadees, Mourning Doves, a Cardinal, a Sharp-shinned Hawk (who took
one of the doves I believe from the screams, and Sparrows, Song and
White-throateds. There has been a Sparrow about that I wasn't sure of. To me
it looked like a Lark juvenile, possibly. We tried for photos.
Marg

White Point Artist, Marg Millard
19 White Point 2 Rd., White Point, Queens Co.,
R.R. # 1 Hunts Point, Nova Scotia
B0T 1G0 Canada (902) 683-2393
MargMillard.ca By Appointment, please

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tunes without the words
And never stops–at all." (Emily Dickinson)