[NatureNS] Some Humour on a Blustery Day

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: "Frederick W. Schueler" <bckcdb@istar.ca>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2020 10:58:59 -0500

* and something about the mesocurvature of the sometimes-shorter bill.

On 17-Jan.-20 10:00 a.m., Don MacNeill wrote:
> I don't know where this quote came from originally but It just appeared
> on my Facebook page.
>
> " The Middle Yellow Legs and the Least Yellowlegs are similar to the
> Lesser and Greater Yellowlegs however, they are readily identified by
> the fact that the Middle Yellowlegs is smaller than the Greater
> Yellowlegs and larger than both the Lesser and Least Yellowlegs. Some
> ornithologists believe that there might be a Slightly Lesser Yellowlegs.
> In order to estimate sizes, it is helpful to insert a number of
> yardsticks in mudflats where Yellowlegs feed".
          Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad
          Fragile Inheritance Natural History
Mudpuppy Night in Oxford Mills - https://www.facebook.com/MudpuppyNight/
'Daily' Paintings - http://karstaddailypaintings.blogspot.com/
4 St-Lawrence Street Bishops Mills, RR#2 Oxford Station, Ontario K0G 1T0
   on the Smiths Falls Limestone Plain  44.87156° N 75.70095° W
weekly Fragile Inheritance newsletter
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jsi9grsqvsmfjyz/AADemBsIM0A83fazNkW_Dul0a?dl=0