[NatureNS] White Point Birds of late

From: "Marg Millard" <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: "naturens" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2020 14:12:12 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01D5D51B.C4F8A340

It has been awhile since I posted about what birds are visiting our =
feeders. It has been a lovely day here in White Point. It is above 0 C =
and the sun is back to shining.=20
Today we have the usual Juncos and American Goldfinches.=20
There seems to be at least two groups of Juncos coming at mostly =
different times. Some are very dark and quite aggressive. They are also =
very flighty.=20
The others seem to be "regulars", we can move out and about and they =
seem fine with that, even stay in the grapevine while feeders are being =
filled. Both groups number upwards of 20 or so. We have a steady stream =
of Chickadees. They are harder to count but I think we have maybe 10 at =
a time coming and going. Sparrows include White Throated and Song as =
well as a Chipping Sparrow who comes several times a day and has for =
about a week now.=20
There are Blue Jays, with three or four Starlings travelling with them. =
Maybe 14.=20
Robins fly in, anywhere between 6 to 17, but so far just seem to be =
checking the place out. We did put out apples when we had the heavy =
snow. Grapes as well. I see them working on a green spot next door so =
they seem ok.=20
We have multiple pairs of both Downey and Hairy Woodpeckers. I have had =
a mixed group of 6 females all patiently awaiting their turn on a seed =
pie. Unusual for the females. One Hairy is usually harrying others to =
get a move on. The maples are full of them.=20

What is missing are the Nuthatches and the wee creepers. Do so many =
woodpeckers squeeze out the nuthatches do you think?=20
Also American tree sparrows are missing.=20
I have seen wax wings moving through but they don't stay long.=20

There are 5 big Crows that visit several times a day. Usually we have 9 =
but maybe something has happened in the family or there were more than =
normal off spring? I don't know. Someone comes to oversee them here from =
time to time. I see a couple Bald Eagles out over the Golf course from =
time to time.=20
I heard Evening Grosbeaks the other day but could not lay eyes on them.=20
I think that is pretty much it for now, Marg

White Point Artist, Marg Millard
19 White Point 2 Rd., White Point, Queens Co.,=20
R.R. # 1 Hunts Point, Nova Scotia=20
B0T 1G0 Canada (902) 683-2393=20
MargMillard.ca By Appointment, please=20

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tunes without the words
And never stops=96at all." (Emily Dickinson)
------=_NextPart_000_0003_01D5D51B.C4F8A340

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 18pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>It has been awhile since I posted about what birds are visiting our =

feeders. It has been a lovely day here in White Point. It is above 0 C =
and the=20
sun is back to shining. </DIV>
<DIV>Today we have the usual Juncos and American Goldfinches. </DIV>
<DIV>There seems to be at least two groups of Juncos coming at mostly =
different=20
times. Some are very dark and quite aggressive. They are also very =
flighty.=20
</DIV>
<DIV>The others seem to be "regulars", we can move out and about and =
they seem=20
fine with that, even stay in the grapevine while feeders are being =
filled. Both=20
groups number upwards of 20 or so. We have a steady stream of =
Chickadees. They=20
are harder to count but I think we have maybe 10 at a time coming and =
going.=20
Sparrows include White Throated and Song as well as a Chipping Sparrow =
who comes=20
several times a day and has for about a week now. </DIV>
<DIV>There are Blue Jays, with three or four Starlings travelling with =
them.=20
Maybe 14. </DIV>
<DIV>Robins fly in, anywhere between 6 to 17, but so far just seem to be =

checking the place out. We did put out apples when we had the heavy =
snow. Grapes=20
as well. I see them working on a green spot next door so they seem ok. =
</DIV>
<DIV>We have multiple pairs of both Downey and Hairy Woodpeckers. I have =
had a=20
mixed group of 6 females all patiently awaiting their turn on a seed =
pie.=20
Unusual for the females. One Hairy is usually harrying others to get a =
move on.=20
The maples are full of them. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>What is missing are the Nuthatches and the wee creepers. Do so many =

woodpeckers squeeze out the nuthatches do you think? </DIV>
<DIV>Also American tree sparrows are missing. </DIV>
<DIV>I have seen wax wings moving through but they don't stay long. =
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>There are 5 big Crows that visit several times a day. Usually we =
have 9 but=20
maybe something has happened in the family or there were more than =
normal off=20
spring? I don't know. Someone comes to oversee them here from time to =
time. I=20
see a couple Bald Eagles out over the Golf course from time to time. =
</DIV>
<DIV>I heard Evening Grosbeaks the other day but could not lay eyes on =
them.=20
</DIV>
<DIV>I think that is pretty much it for now, Marg</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>White Point Artist, Marg Millard</DIV>
<DIV>19 White Point 2 Rd., White Point, Queens Co., </DIV>
<DIV>R.R. # 1 Hunts Point, Nova Scotia </DIV>
<DIV>B0T 1G0 Canada (902) 683-2393 </DIV>
<DIV>MargMillard.ca By Appointment, please </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>"Hope is the thing with feathers</DIV>
<DIV>That perches in the soul</DIV>
<DIV>And sings the tunes without the words</DIV>
<DIV>And never stops=96at all." (Emily =
Dickinson)</DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01D5D51B.C4F8A340--