[NatureNS] Birds White Point, Queens

From: "Marg Millard" <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: "naturens" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 13:14:59 -0300

Another lovely day even if it is a tad chilly. Birds are enjoying it for
sure!

We have for Sparrows: Song, White-Throateds and an American Tree. The past
few days the Chipping Sparrow was here and singing!
Aside from them, we have Juncos, numbers are dropping as they move out,
Chickadees, American Goldfinches, numbers are dropping now, Blue Jays,
Starlings, Robins, and Grackles. First one then 8 and now more.
There are 7 big Crows visiting daily. The Ruby Crowned Kinglets are still
about or at least one (no crest popping up) is. Mourning doves are around
throughout the day.
We have a Sharpie visiting daily at the moment.
Woodpeckers are prolific. The Maples and the Ash are hosting many. There has
been a Northern Flicker drumming from the swallow house roof most mornings.
Saturday morning there were two Tree Swallows flying over head.
Sunday, a Great Blue Heron flew over the house.
What is noticeable is absence are the Nuthatches. No sign of any. Perhaps
the Woodpeckers have pushed them out? I don't know. I miss them. I saw a
Kingfisher as I drove into White Point Estates just by the bridge. This was
Sat..

Purple Finches have been showing up for the past week or so. AND there is a
females cardinal who drops in early and again later most days.
Marg

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tunes without the words
And never stops–at all." (Emily Dickinson)