[NatureNS] Coltsfoot in Bloom

From: "Marg Millard" <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2020 11:22:47 -0300

we have Pussywillows, Crocus, Snowdrops in bloom, oh and Vinca in a sunny
spot. I saw Crows pulling it away and there was a lovely flower along for
the ride. A Fox sparrow here last evening, Chipping Sparrow keeps popping in
and out again the past couple days, There are a number of Song  and White
Throated Sparrows about and now more Grackles than we want arguing with the
Blue Jays and Starlings   Female Robins on the neighbour's lawn and a Red
winged Blackbird flew straight in from the water, his reds showing from
distance. Lovely. RC Kinglet is still here. Chickadees and American
Goldfinches pop in and out constantly. Juncos still pass through but the
numbers have dropped considerably. Still  several pairs of each Downy and
Hairy Woodpeckers, a Northern Flicker uses the Tree Swallow's house for
drumming. No sign since a week ago Sat. part of the Tree Swallows that flew
over. With the stay at home, I don't get to check the Meadow Pond in
Liverpool. I have a hummingbird feeder ready to go out after the storm.
uncovered the compost pile Sat. so  will let it get soaked with the rain,
recover it and then by mid April will have some containers ready to plant
should the spring look to have actually arrived. Life is good. Take care
all.
Marg

White Point Artist, Marg Millard
19 White Point 2 Rd., White Point, Queens Co.,
R.R. # 1 Hunts Point, Nova Scotia
B0T 1G0 Canada (902) 683-2393
MargMillard.ca By Appointment, please

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tunes without the words
And never stops-at all." (Emily Dickinson)