[NatureNS] woodcock

From: Bev Wigney <bkwigney@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 09:50:46 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Thanks, Donna,

Nice videos, especially the last one of the Woodcock on the road at Keji.

When I lived in Ontario, I had about 20 acres of pasture and oldfield
meadow at my farm, so Woodcock were a common sight.  I used to enjoy
watching the males flying over the fields at dusk.  Quite the
entertaining displays!

I was enjoying their appearance here as well - in the oldfield on the
neighbour's land  near my house. Unfortuantely, the neighbour has
started keeping the whole thing mowed as a lawn, so no more nesting
Woodcock and Pheasants.

bev