[NatureNS] Ruffed Grouse family

From: nancy dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2020 12:58:31 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

A very wary mother Ruffed Grouse crossed a dirt trail very, very slowly this morning in front of me. After she finally made it across I saw one small chick scoot across to join her. The  others may have already been on the other side although I did not see them. In the photo I took the puffed out breast suggests she was doing some sort of vocalizations for the young but none was audible to my ears. Seems early but probably not for Ruffed Grouse.

Nancy D
E Dalhousie, Kings

Sent from my iPad