[NatureNS] Spring Sounds?

From: Suzanne Townsend <tgssuzanne@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 12:50:48 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--0000000000004236c905a45bccdd

Definitely peepers in Grand Etang. Quiet today though!

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 12:34 PM plchalmers@ns.sympatico.ca <
plchalmers@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:

> It's been an odd spring in many ways, with a repeating pattern of a few
> lovely warm days followed by prolonged cold.  There hasn't been much
> mention of Spring Peepers and Wood Frogs.  Of course many of us don't live
> within walking distance of their habitat, and we aren't getting out as we
> usually do.  However my brother reports that he has not heard any yet this
> spring in Bedford, and I am wondering if something has happened there, with
> current development.
>
> Given the snowy view outside my window, I'd be surprised if anyone has
> heard Spring Peepers in the last 24 hours, but have they been active?  have
> you been hearing them in their usual haunts?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Patricia L. Chalmers
> Halifax

--0000000000004236c905a45bccdd

"gmail_attr">On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 12:34 PM <a href=3D"mailto:plchalmers@=
ns.sympatico.ca">plchalmers@ns.sympatico.ca</a> &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:plcha=
blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px=
 #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><u></u>
   =20
=20
=20
s been an odd spring in many ways, with a repeating pattern of a few lovely=
 warm days followed by prolonged cold.=C2=A0 There hasn&#39;t been much men=
tion of Spring Peepers and Wood Frogs.=C2=A0 Of course many of us don&#39;t=
 live within walking distance of their habitat, and we aren&#39;t getting o=
ut as we usually do.=C2=A0 However my brother reports that he has not heard=
 any yet this spring in Bedford, and I am wondering if something has happen=
ed there, with current development.</span>
   =C2=A0
he snowy view outside my window, I&#39;d be surprised if anyone has heard S=
pring Peepers in the last 24 hours, but have they been active?=C2=A0 have y=
ou been hearing them in their usual haunts?</span>
   =C2=A0
   =C2=A0
a L. Chalmers</span>
=20