[NatureNS] NS Opens Up !

From: Rick Whitman <dendroica.caerulescens@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2020 16:14:25 -0300
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--00000000000078cd3305a49affd8

"The Nova Scotia government announced Friday it is immediately easing some
public health restrictions around COVID-19. The province also reported an
additional death and 12 new cases of the virus.

Rules around physical distancing and social gatherings remain in place.
People must keep two metres apart and not gather in groups of more than
five.

Premier Stephen McNeil warned restrictions will return if public health
measures aren't followed.

"I'm worried about all of you and I'm worried about how we are coping,"
McNeil said during a press briefing on Friday, referencing COVID-19 deaths,
the mass shooting,
<https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/mass-killing-shooting-victims-remembered-1.5538032>
and
the military helicopter crash.
<https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/helicopter-crash-caf-search-1.5552193>

"We need to get over our heads and out of our houses and get outside. We
need to feel that fresh air a little freedom. The keyword is a little."

Some of the initial steps include:

   - Reopening provincial and municipal parks (excluding playgrounds and
   beaches), trails and community gardens. Skate parks are open.
   - Reopening garden centres, nurseries and similar businesses.
   - Sport fishing is permitted from shore or boat, but fishing derbies are
   not allowed.
   - People are now allowed to go to boating, yacht or sailing clubs to
   prepare boats for use.
   - Golf driving ranges can open, including those at golf clubs. Courses
   must remain closed, but golf clubs can perform the necessary
   preparation work for reopening.
   - People can use their cottages, but use is restricted to one household
   unit at a time. Travel must be directly to the cottage and back. Travelling
   back and forth frequently from cottage to primary residence is discouraged.
   This does not apply to cottage rentals.
   - Provincial and private campgrounds are still closed, but staff are now
   permitted to do maintenance work for reopening. An exception to this rule
   is recreational vehicles parked year-round at private campgrounds, which
   can be used but must follow the same rules.
   - Drive-thru religious services will be allowed as long as people stay
   in their cars and are parked two metres apart and there is no interaction
   between people in cars or between people in cars and others.

While the easing of those restrictions came into effect immediately, it
could take a little while for some municipal parks to reopen.

Shortly after the announcement was made, Halifax Coun. Waye Mason said
unlocking the gates to popular destinations like the Halifax Public Gardens
may not be complete until the end of the weekend.
Beaches and playgrounds still closed

Beaches and playgrounds will remain closed." ...............

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/covid-19-death-virus-easing-restrictions-1.5552246

--00000000000078cd3305a49affd8

span style=3D"font-family:&quot;Open Sans&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:18px">=
The Nova Scotia government announced Friday it is immediately easing some p=
ublic health restrictions around COVID-19. The province also reported an ad=
ditional death and 12 new cases of the virus.</span><p style=3D"margin-top:=
0px;margin-bottom:28px;font-family:&quot;Open Sans&quot;,sans-serif;font-si=
ze:18px">Rules around physical distancing and social gatherings remain in p=
lace. People must keep two metres apart and not gather in groups of more th=
an five.</p><p style=3D"margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:28px;font-family:&quot=
;Open Sans&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:18px">Premier Stephen McNeil warned r=
estrictions will return if public health measures aren&#39;t followed.</p><=
p style=3D"margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:28px;font-family:&quot;Open Sans&qu=
ot;,sans-serif;font-size:18px">&quot;I&#39;m worried about all of you and I=
&#39;m worried about how we are coping,&quot; McNeil said during a press br=
iefing on Friday, referencing COVID-19 deaths, the=C2=A0<a href=3D"https://=
www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/mass-killing-shooting-victims-remembered=
-1.5538032" target=3D"_blank" style=3D"color:rgb(5,80,200);border-bottom-wi=
dth:1px;border-bottom-style:solid;border-bottom-color:rgb(216,216,216);text=
-decoration:none">mass shooting,</a>=C2=A0and the=C2=A0<a href=3D"https://w=
ww.cbc.ca/news/politics/helicopter-crash-caf-search-1.5552193" target=3D"_b=
lank" style=3D"color:rgb(5,80,200);border-bottom-width:1px;border-bottom-st=
yle:solid;border-bottom-color:rgb(216,216,216);text-decoration:none">milita=
ry helicopter crash.</a></p><p style=3D"margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:28px;f=
ont-family:&quot;Open Sans&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:18px">&quot;We need t=
o get over our heads and out of our houses and get outside. We need to feel=
 that fresh air a little freedom. The keyword is a little.&quot;</p><p styl=
e=3D"margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:28px;font-family:&quot;Open Sans&quot;,sa=
ns-serif;font-size:18px">Some of the initial steps include:</p><ul style=3D=
"font-family:&quot;Open Sans&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:18px"><li>Reopening=
 provincial and municipal parks (excluding playgrounds and beaches), trails=
 and community gardens. Skate parks are open.</li><li>Reopening garden cent=
res, nurseries and similar businesses.</li><li>Sport fishing is permitted f=
rom shore or boat, but fishing derbies are not allowed.</li><li>People are =
now allowed to go to boating, yacht or sailing clubs to prepare boats for u=
se.</li><li>Golf driving ranges can open, including those at golf clubs. Co=
urses must remain closed, but golf clubs can perform the necessary preparat=
ion=C2=A0work for reopening.</li><li>People can use their cottages, but use=
 is restricted to one household unit at a time. Travel must be directly to =
the cottage and back. Travelling back and forth frequently from cottage to =
primary residence is discouraged. This does not apply to cottage rentals.</=
li><li>Provincial and private campgrounds are still closed, but staff are n=
ow permitted to do maintenance work for reopening. An exception to this rul=
e is recreational vehicles parked year-round at private campgrounds, which =
can be used but must follow the same rules.</li><li>Drive-thru religious se=
rvices will be allowed as long as people stay in their cars and are parked =
two metres apart and there is no interaction between people in cars or betw=
een people in cars and others.</li></ul><p style=3D"margin-top:0px;margin-b=
ottom:28px;font-family:&quot;Open Sans&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:18px">Whi=
le the easing of those restrictions came into effect immediately, it could =
take a little while for some municipal parks to reopen.</p><p style=3D"m