[NatureNS] Beaches Are Still Closed

Received-SPF: pass (kirk.glinx.com: authenticated connection) receiver=kirk.glinx.com; client-ip=45.2.193.48; helo=[192.168.0.102]; envelope-from=dwebster@glinx.com; x-software=spfmilter 2.001 http://www.acme.com/software/spfmilter/ with libspf2-1.2.10;
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca, David Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
From: David Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2020 17:23:02 -0300

--------------A1A9C5CC2A9CB7637B0F6F35

Further to Rick's post, Scott Quin advised about Apr.29 that Kings Co.
owns only one beach; Aylesford Lake which is normally closed until much
later. His words are pasted below  So there is some ambiguity. Provided
the County acts as the local agent of the Province then Ocean Beaches in
Kings County would be open year round-- not that I wish to freeze on the
ocean beach,

Dave W, Kentville

Hi Dave,
To Dan Stovel's earlier email, the Province is only providing numbers by health district not by county. The Municipality only owns one beach, Aylesford Lake and its closed. It would be closed now anyways since its normal season starts in early June. Cheers, Scott

On 5/1/2020 4:20 PM, Rick Whitman wrote:
> Just in case you won't follow my link:
>
> "Beaches and playgrounds still closed
>
> Beaches and playgrounds will remain closed.
>
> "Most of us don't have a beach in our community and would have to
> drive a fair distance to get to one. And we really don't want people
> driving long distances if they don't need to," said Dr. Robert Strang,
> Nova Scotia's chief medical officer of health.
>
> "Playgrounds have many challenges to maintaining social distance for
> kids, plus have many high touch surfaces that cannot be sanitized. So
> for those reasons for now, we're keeping beaches and playgrounds closed."
>
> If a provincial park has a beach, the beach part of the park is
> closed, Strang said.
>
> He said the province will be monitoring to see if there is an uptick
> in COVID-19 cases after the restrictions are eased. He said it could
> take two weeks to see the impact of this weekend."

--------------A1A9C5CC2A9CB7637B0F6F35

  <head>
  </head>
      Kings Co. owns only one beach; Aylesford Lake which is normally
      closed until much later. His words are pasted below  So there is
      some ambiguity. Provided the County acts as the local agent of the
      Province then Ocean Beaches in Kings County would be open year
      round-- not that I wish to freeze on the ocean beach,  <br>
    <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">Hi Dave,
To Dan Stovel's earlier email, the Province is only providing numbers by health district not by county. The Municipality only owns one beach, Aylesford Lake and its closed. It would be closed now anyways since its normal season starts in early June. Cheers, Scott</pre>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAA9nSY8rNY1BUMEzMEadH18LyRgzT36LUrwA=0M=BWjJU3+odg@mail.gmail.com">
              Sans&quot;,sans-serif">Beaches and playgrounds still
              closed</span></div>
            style="margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:28px;font-family:&quot;Open
            Sans&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:18px">Beaches and
            playgrounds will remain closed.</p>
            style="margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:28px;font-family:&quot;Open
            Sans&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:18px">"Most of us don't have
            a beach in our community and would have to drive a fair
            distance to get to one. And we really don't want people
            driving long distances if they don't need to," said Dr.
            Robert Strang, Nova Scotia's chief medical officer of
            health.</p>
            style="margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:28px;font-family:&quot;Open
            Sans&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:18px">"Playgrounds have many
            challenges to maintaining social distance for kids, plus
            have many high touch surfaces that cannot be sanitized. So
            for those reasons for now, we're keeping beaches and
            playgrounds closed."</p>
            style="margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:28px;font-family:&quot;Open
            Sans&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:18px">If a provincial park
            has a beach, the beach part of the park is closed, Strang
            said.</p>
            style="margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:28px;font-family:&quot;Open
            Sans&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:18px">He said the province
            will be monitoring to see if there is an uptick in COVID-19
            cases after the restrictions are eased. He said it could
            take two weeks to see the impact of this weekend."</p>

--------------A1A9C5CC2A9CB7637B0F6F35--